Dental Implant—Process and Benefits
Have you heard of any dental procedures that can cover one or more missing teeth? Solutions such as dentures and bridges can be offered, as well as a more permanent choice of dental implants. Dental implants offer a permanent solution to prevent further damage, due to a missing tooth when the issue is left unattended for too long.
This blog aims to further educate our readers on dental implants, and why they are now a largely practiced dental procedure.
What exactly are dental implants?
A few decades earlier dentures and bridges were the most popular choices for the replacement of missing teeth. While dentures offer the option to allow one to remove their teeth at their will, they can now be a more temporary solution. Bridges being more permanent as they are fixed false teeth made from porcelain and plastic, can also be a choice when it comes to a missing tooth.
This is where dental implants come in. Dental implants are replacement roots that can support one or more teeth. It is comprised of a titanium screw fixed into the patients’ bone of their jaw, allowing for the implant to be integrated with the bone, therefore being a permanent solution.
Benefits of Getting a dental implant
There’s more to dental implant procedure than improving an individual’s appearance; we have enlisted a few crucial advantages below.
- Offers comfort – Since implants are a permanent cure, they are better than dentures requiring regular fixing and removing. Implants provide the convenience of use to patients.
- Prevents the arrival of future oral health complications – The vacuum space can lead to severe and permanent damage to the entire mouth.
- Allows patients to eat easily – Implants get rightly fixed in your mouth, eliminating the chance for any gaps and misalignment. It thereby enables individuals to chew their food efficiently.
- Retains good oral health – The implant procedure doesn’t require dentists to adjust or modify adjacent teeth. It means that the surrounding healthy teeth remain safe and sound, keeping the dental state healthy.
- Looks aesthetically pleasing – Everyone dreads a missing tooth or a crooked one. A bad dental condition directly impacts an individual’s look and confidence. Dental implants provide a near-natural-looking and robust solution for missing teeth.
- Offers speech improvement – Missing teeth cause individuals to slur and mumble, affecting their speech. The situation is highly uncomfortable during meaningful or important conversations. Implants prevent individuals from getting into such cases.
- Provides a permanent solution – Dental implants last long, as they are usually made from titanium. This metal has higher tensile strength and is corrosion-free, which makes it more durable than porcelain and plastic.
Much advancement has been made in dentistry, with more and more state-of-the-art equipment and technology being developed and brought into practice as we speak. Talking about dental implants, in particular, they have remained in practice owing to their effectiveness and durability. Therefore it is safe to assume that this should be your priority when you or your loved one loses a tooth!
At Rivery Dental, we offer a range of specialized dental services like laser dentistry, fluoride treatments, bad breath treatment, sleep apnea, oral cancer screenings, and more to mitigate our patient’s dental issues painlessly. Our facility is decked with state-of-the-art equipment and an expert dental team. Contact to consult with the best dentist for bad teeth in Austin and Georgetown today!