A Complete Guideline to Dental Implants
Dental implants are a popular and effective way to replace missing teeth. They are small titanium screws that are inserted into the jawbone and act as a replacement for the root of a natural tooth. A crown (artificial tooth) is then attached to the top of the implant, giving the appearance of a natural tooth. Here is a complete guideline for getting dental implants:
- Consultation with a dentist: The first step in getting dental implants is to schedule a consultation with a dentist or oral surgeon. During this appointment, the dentist will examine your mouth and take x-rays to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants.
- Treatment planning: If you are a good candidate for dental implants, the next step is to plan the treatment. This will involve deciding on the number and location of the implants, as well as the type of crowns to be used.
- Dental implant surgery: Dental implant surgery is typically performed by an oral surgeon under local anesthesia. During the surgery, small incisions are made in the gum and a hole is drilled into the jawbone. The titanium implant is then inserted into the hole and the gum is stitched back together.
- Healing and osseointegration: After the dental implant surgery, the implant needs to heal and integrate with the surrounding bone. This process, called osseointegration, typically takes several months.
- Attaching the crown: Once the implant has fully integrated with the jawbone, the crown can be attached. This is usually done in a separate procedure, during which the dentist will make an impression of the implant and create a custom crown. The crown is then attached to the implant using a small metal post.
- Follow-up care: It is important to follow your dentist’s instructions for caring for your dentist. This may include brushing and flossing regularly, using a special mouthwash, and avoiding hard or sticky foods. Regular check-ups with your dentist are also important to ensure the long-term success of your dental implants. Visit Rivery dental for more related information!
How Can Dental Implants Be Useful for Your Oral Health?
What do you know about dental implants, and how can they be useful for your oral health? At present, about 70% of people suffer from tooth loss due to poor oral health, which is caused due to adulteration in food or the low maintenance of oral health. If you are one of them, then dental implants can be useful for your oral health.
What are Dental Implants, and How Do They Work?
• Dental implants are fixtures that are inserted into one’s jawbone. After the insertion of these plants, bone formation occurs in the surrounding of the implant, resulting in stability and firm anchorage of the artificial tooth.
• The success of these plants depends on their ability to have direct contact with the surrounding jaw bones. This complete process is called osseointegration and ensures that any prosthesis that is placed over the implant remains stable and retained, allowing optimal functioning of the artificial tooth.
When Should You Opt for Dental Implants?
Usually, any individual who has lost one or more teeth is fit for an implant. You can go for this implant under the following conditions:
• If you want a durable replacement for your missing teeth
• If you want to retain your facial esthetics by getting your teeth replaced
• If you want to speak and eat without any difficulty
• If you want to get rid of your uncomfortable and inconvenient dentures
Why are Dental Implants Considered Better than Other Dental Prosthetics?
Dental implants are becoming more and more popular these days because they are the most durable and convenient replacement option for missing teeth. The following factors will convince you why you should prefer these plants over other replacement options:
You Can Eat Any Food You Like
People who wear fixed or removable dentures need to avoid eating sticky and hard foods. So, they will be missing out on many of their favorite foods. But after the replacement of your teeth with dental implants, you will be able to enjoy all your favorite foods without any fear of dislodging or breaking your dentures.
Dental Implants Last Longer than Dental Bridges and Dentures
Unlike dental bridges and dentures, dental implants are made to last longer. If you take good care of your oral health and follow your dentist’s instructions, you can expect them to function for a lifetime.
Minimal Tooth Preparation
Teeth bridges and dentures require the reduction of the adjacent teeth, whereas placement of dental implants does not require any reduction or preparation of the adjacent teeth, thereby persevering the natural tooth structure.
Better Oral Hygiene
Maintaining dental bridges and dentures can be difficult for you as the bristles of the brush cannot remove food particles from beneath them. As a result, additional oral hygiene measures may be required to get optimal dental health. Unlike bridges and dentures, you can clean out dental implants exactly the same way as you do the cleaning of your natural teeth, allowing you to maintain excellent oral hygiene and physical health.
Dental implants are inserted in the jawbone just like your natural teeth. When you replace your missing tooth with a dental implant, you get the same level of natural feeling, comfort, and convenience as you have with your natural teeth.
Finding One of the Best Dentists in Georgetown
If you overlook your bad teeth, you could be prone to severe oral problems. So, you must look for one of the best dentists for bad teeth in Georgetown. For this, you can grill your peers, colleagues, or acquaintances, or you may surf the Internet.
At Rivery Dental, we offer various services related to oral treatments—bad breath, clear aligner treatment, dental implants, fluoride treatments, crowns and bridges, dentures and partials, extracting, fillings, etc.
If you have tooth loss, do not overlook it. Instead, opt for dental implants without a second thought. It will give you a feel of natural teeth, and you will be living your life to the fullest.
Dental Implant—Process and Benefits
Have you heard of any dental procedures that can cover one or more missing teeth? Solutions such as dentures and bridges can be offered, as well as a more permanent choice of dental implants. Dental implants offer a permanent solution to prevent further damage, due to a missing tooth when the issue is left unattended for too long.
This blog aims to further educate our readers on dental implants, and why they are now a largely practiced dental procedure.
What exactly are dental implants?
A few decades earlier dentures and bridges were the most popular choices for the replacement of missing teeth. While dentures offer the option to allow one to remove their teeth at their will, they can now be a more temporary solution. Bridges being more permanent as they are fixed false teeth made from porcelain and plastic, can also be a choice when it comes to a missing tooth.
This is where dental implants come in. Dental implants are replacement roots that can support one or more teeth. It is comprised of a titanium screw fixed into the patients’ bone of their jaw, allowing for the implant to be integrated with the bone, therefore being a permanent solution.
Benefits of Getting a dental implant
There’s more to dental implant procedure than improving an individual’s appearance; we have enlisted a few crucial advantages below.
- Offers comfort – Since implants are a permanent cure, they are better than dentures requiring regular fixing and removing. Implants provide the convenience of use to patients.
- Prevents the arrival of future oral health complications – The vacuum space can lead to severe and permanent damage to the entire mouth.
- Allows patients to eat easily – Implants get rightly fixed in your mouth, eliminating the chance for any gaps and misalignment. It thereby enables individuals to chew their food efficiently.
- Retains good oral health – The implant procedure doesn’t require dentists to adjust or modify adjacent teeth. It means that the surrounding healthy teeth remain safe and sound, keeping the dental state healthy.
- Looks aesthetically pleasing – Everyone dreads a missing tooth or a crooked one. A bad dental condition directly impacts an individual’s look and confidence. Dental implants provide a near-natural-looking and robust solution for missing teeth.
- Offers speech improvement – Missing teeth cause individuals to slur and mumble, affecting their speech. The situation is highly uncomfortable during meaningful or important conversations. Implants prevent individuals from getting into such cases.
- Provides a permanent solution – Dental implants last long, as they are usually made from titanium. This metal has higher tensile strength and is corrosion-free, which makes it more durable than porcelain and plastic.
Much advancement has been made in dentistry, with more and more state-of-the-art equipment and technology being developed and brought into practice as we speak. Talking about dental implants, in particular, they have remained in practice owing to their effectiveness and durability. Therefore it is safe to assume that this should be your priority when you or your loved one loses a tooth!
At Rivery Dental, we offer a range of specialized dental services like laser dentistry, fluoride treatments, bad breath treatment, sleep apnea, oral cancer screenings, and more to mitigate our patient’s dental issues painlessly. Our facility is decked with state-of-the-art equipment and an expert dental team. Contact to consult with the best dentist for bad teeth in Austin and Georgetown today!