What is Laser Teeth Cleaning in Austin, and How Does It Work?
As many of us know, there is a lot of anxiety surrounding going to the dentist. A lot of the anxiety comes from the idea that going to the dentist is painful. If that is the main factor for you not going to the dentist, have you ever looked into Laser Dentistry?
- Laser teeth cleaning in Austin is a dental cleaning process that removes dentin (deep yellow to brownish material) present inside your teeth under the enamel and makes them shiny. It has become a popular choice for those who want an alternative to getting their teeth cleaned. Although it is new to dentistry, it has proven to be successful. As a result, more dentists like to offer it to their patients.
- Dental lasers are computerized devices that emit powerful beams of light. This beam of light is directed at the oral cavity to help the dentist eliminate plaque and other unwanted materials on the teeth. The interesting thing about these lasers is that they can clean out gum infections and tooth decay.
- The functionality and effectiveness of lasers extend to sealing blood vessels and sterilization to reduce the risk of infection or bleeding. This means that patients whose treatment involves dental lasers tend to feel comfortable while the procedure lasts and the period following completion.
- When using dental lasers to clean the teeth, the dentist does not need to use local anesthesia because this method of cleaning the teeth is painless. Moreover, the patient takes less time than with other traditional dental procedures. This is the best technique for removing debris from the teeth.
Benefits of Laser Teeth Cleaning
The major benefits of laser teeth cleaning in Austin include the following:
- Highly Efficient for Gum Disease
Although teeth cleaning helps treat severe cases of gum diseases, it takes more than one session to completely treat and eliminate the infection. But the laser teeth cleaning removes the infection in just one appointment.
- More Accuracy
Modern technology has given room for the perfection of laser teeth cleaning. This modern method of dental cleaning is more accurate and precise than traditional ones because they use laser technology. The precision and accuracy that goes into laser teeth cleaning are worth consideration.
Should Not Cause any Fears or Anxiety
- Laser teeth cleanings should help with any fear or anxiety among patients. Typically, they do not cause irritation to the gum lines, which may be a leading cause of anxiety. With laser dentistry near me, the gums do not need to be physically pulled and pushed to reach the areas beneath the gum line.
- The laser technology employed for deep cleaning also gives room for a more pleasant dentist appointment. Moreover, it does not involve any purring equipment that may cause anxiety among patients.
A Deeper Cleaning
Finally, laser technology allows the dentist or hygienist to access deeper areas of the teeth and gums without causing pain to the patient. A deeper laser teeth cleaning ensures that the whole mouth remains clean and healthy. At Rivery Dental, we offer various types of dental procedures, such as Clear Aligner Treatment, Ultrasonic Cleanings, Dentures & Partials, Crowns & Bridges, Fluoride Treatments, Laser Dentistry, etc.
Get The Best Teeth Whitening Treatment in Austin, at Rivery Dental
Everyone craves a sparkling white smile forever, but sometimes it is hard for us to achieve the desired color we want on our own. Fortunately, with advancements in dentistry, it has allowed us to regain our natural tooth color and even enhance our smiles! We understand that a majority of our patients will be interested in teeth whitening. At Rivery Dental our expert Dentists can help you reach your cosmetic whitening goals.
Like the color of your eyes or the tone of your skin, every individual has their own unique tooth shade. There are instances where your tooth color may change or stain due to several factors. Let’s take a quick look into the different factors that could lead to tooth discolorations.
Reasons Behind Staining of Teeth
- Drinking coffee, tea, and red wine or consuming pigmented foods
- Natural aging
- Taking more fluoride than required in the teeth formation stage might lead to teeth mottling (spotted tooth enamel typically caused by excessive fluoride use, causing calcification)
- Accumulation of plaque and tartar that are not addressed for a long time can cause discolorations
- Experiencing trauma to the teeth
- Treating a child with antibiotic tetracycline may lead to white stains forming on the teeth
It is recommended that before any teeth whitening procedures you consult with a professional dentist. Our experts can establish whether or not you are a good candidate for a particular tooth whitening treatment.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening Treatments
It is a safe, life-changing process that can dramatically affect your appearance.
Boost your Self Confidence and Enhance your Appearance
While a smile is the first thing we notice about most people, it can also be what everyone else sees about you first as well. Therefore, a healthy and bright-looking smile may help boost your confidence when meeting someone for the first time.
Different Whitening Treatments
At Rivery Dental we offer a few different whitening options for our patients that want to achieve a brighter smile.
- Riva Kit– Riva Kits are the at-home whitening kits that we offer for purchase. They come with a UV mouthpiece that can be used with the device given to you or can be used with your cell phone! You will also get a case of gels to take home with you that will help you achieve a whiter smile.
- Take-Home Trays– With our take-home trays you will come into the office, take impressions of your teeth, then we will fit you with your own whitening trays. These trays are also used with our take-home gels.
- In-Office Whitening Treatment– With this treatment, you spend at least 2 hours in the office to achieve instant teeth whitening effects. This process included applying a bleaching agent to the teeth while also covering the gums to prevent them from irritation.
Contact us for Teeth Whitening in Austin and to learn more about how you can make an appointment to achieve a brighter whiter smile today!