Benefits of Clear Aligner Treatment: Straight from the Professionals’ Desk
People who have used metal braces understand the struggle that comes with them. Although this treatment is very effective, it also comes with many challenges. To avoid these challenges, doctors have come up with clear aligner treatments in Austin and Georgetown, TX. In this blog, we will share several benefits of using clear aligners, which have been compiled with the guidance of professionals and their extensive experience. The very first point is that clear aligners are removable and easy to use. You can remove them without feeling awkward while smiling, and you can even eat all your favorite foods without worrying about the braces. Some other definite points are:
Confidence will rise!
Clear plastic aligners for orthodontic treatment are often custom-made to fit your teeth perfectly and make you feel more confident. Their transparent appearance makes them unnoticeable unless someone is very close to you. This will definitely bring confidence to your look and self-acceptance. Clear aligners are also perfect if you need to make a good first impression or have a job that requires you to interact with the public.
No more restrictions on eating your favorite food!
Because clear aligners are removable, you can continue eating the foods you want while undergoing orthodontic treatment. This is different from what we advise patients with metal braces who must avoid sticky or difficult-to-chew foods. We only advise patients wearing transparent aligners to wash their teeth right away after meals. They run the risk of discoloring their aligners and raising their risk of tooth decay if they don’t. The last thing you want is for food and bacteria to stick to your teeth for long periods of time. You can avoid this by brushing your teeth. When you’re away from home, just bring a travel toothbrush and toothpaste with you.
Maintaining oral hygiene is within reach!
When you are able to take out your aligners to brush and ?oss your teeth, maintaining proper oral hygiene is much simpler. During orthodontic treatment, patients with metal braces must work harder to keep a healthy smile. For instance, they need to thread the ?oss in their mouths under the wire of each individual bracket. If a patient disregards their dental hygiene while receiving treatment for metal braces, we can detect discoloration on their teeth when we remove the braces. They might also su?er from other conditions, including tooth decay and gum disease.
No sign of uncomfortable mouth sores!
Your cheeks may become sore from metal wires and brackets. The fact that clear aligners are constructed of smooth plastic is wonderful news. They, therefore, have a far lower likelihood of irritating the soft tissues in your mouth. Additionally, this drastically lowers your chance of developing uncomfortable mouth sores when receiving orthodontic treatment. We provide affordable Invisalign treatment with a high success rate. From sterilizing our equipment to maintaining cleanliness, we consider all these small things to not compromise our client’s health and hygiene. For a quick appointment, reach out to us today!
A Complete Guideline to Dental Implants
Dental implants are a popular and effective way to replace missing teeth. They are small titanium screws that are inserted into the jawbone and act as a replacement for the root of a natural tooth. A crown (artificial tooth) is then attached to the top of the implant, giving the appearance of a natural tooth. Here is a complete guideline for getting dental implants:
- Consultation with a dentist: The first step in getting dental implants is to schedule a consultation with a dentist or oral surgeon. During this appointment, the dentist will examine your mouth and take x-rays to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants.
- Treatment planning: If you are a good candidate for dental implants, the next step is to plan the treatment. This will involve deciding on the number and location of the implants, as well as the type of crowns to be used.
- Dental implant surgery: Dental implant surgery is typically performed by an oral surgeon under local anesthesia. During the surgery, small incisions are made in the gum and a hole is drilled into the jawbone. The titanium implant is then inserted into the hole and the gum is stitched back together.
- Healing and osseointegration: After the dental implant surgery, the implant needs to heal and integrate with the surrounding bone. This process, called osseointegration, typically takes several months.
- Attaching the crown: Once the implant has fully integrated with the jawbone, the crown can be attached. This is usually done in a separate procedure, during which the dentist will make an impression of the implant and create a custom crown. The crown is then attached to the implant using a small metal post.
- Follow-up care: It is important to follow your dentist’s instructions for caring for your dentist. This may include brushing and flossing regularly, using a special mouthwash, and avoiding hard or sticky foods. Regular check-ups with your dentist are also important to ensure the long-term success of your dental implants. Visit Rivery dental for more related information!
A Complete Guide On Veneer and Veneer Process!
Dental veneers are thin coverings made of tooth-colored materials, which dentists affix to the teeth to conceal the front surface of the teeth. The dental veneers change their color, shape, size, or length, enhancing the overall appearance of the denture. Many know them by dental porcelain laminates or porcelain veneers in Georgetown. However, the veneers are made from resin composite materials apart from porcelain.
Why Opt For Veneer Procedure?
Teeth get discolored, worn down, chipped or broken, misaligned, irregularly shaped, uneven, or develop gaps, spoiling the look of smile teeth and functioning. The causes of tooth discoloration can be root canal treatment, stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excess fluoride, large resin fillings, and other causes. At the same time, the reasons for other conditions can be accidental injury or natural misalignments. Dentists recommend dental veneers for one or more teeth in such situations.
Veneer Sessions with Dentist
The clients need three visits to the dentist – one for consultation and two to make and fit veneers to one or more teeth simultaneously.
- Typically, a client consults a dentist to discuss the options for improving their denture look. The dentist examines teeth, their position, and alignment during the appointment. He might take x-rays and impressions of the mouth and teeth to check the teeth’s condition. He suggests the right veneers and advises patients about the whole procedure and its limits. Dentists typically recommend porcelain veneers in Georgetown due to their stain resistance and durability.
- In the second sitting or visit, the dentist reshapes the tooth surface by trimming off the enamel and takes an impression to send it to the laboratory to make the veneer. The veneers do not need as much shaping as crowns do. Veneer-making takes 2-4 weeks; the clients can use temporary dental veneers in the meantime.
- In the last session, the dentist places the veneer on one or more teeth and checks its fit and coloring. He might repeatedly remove and trim the exterior to achieve the right fit. Then they clean, polish, and etch tooth/teeth, apply the same veneer-shade cement, place the veneer on the teeth, and activate chemicals in the cement to harden it quickly. The dentist removes excess adhesive and asks for a follow-up visit to check gums and veneer placement.
Why Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are available in different natural teeth shades and bond well with the gums. The clients can choose whiter ones for yellowish teeth for better appearance. The veneers last seven to fifteen years and need replacement after that. Their care requires good oral hygiene practices, not special care; they are firmer and look better. The bondings and crowns are the alternatives to porcelain veneers in Georgetown. However, the veneers are the best choice if the clients want to change their teeth shape more than just a little bit.
The Bottom Line
The clients should note that removing or repairing veneers once placed is complex, and the veneers are more expensive than composite resin bonding. Their teeth become more prone to sensitivity, requiring them to avoid hot and cold foods and drinks. The clients must also avoid too much pressure on the teeth to prevent dislodging or falling off. In case of issues, the dentists check the conditions and suggest the right course of action in follow-up sessions.
Dental Implant—Process and Benefits
Have you heard of any dental procedures that can cover one or more missing teeth? Solutions such as dentures and bridges can be offered, as well as a more permanent choice of dental implants. Dental implants offer a permanent solution to prevent further damage, due to a missing tooth when the issue is left unattended for too long.
This blog aims to further educate our readers on dental implants, and why they are now a largely practiced dental procedure.
What exactly are dental implants?
A few decades earlier dentures and bridges were the most popular choices for the replacement of missing teeth. While dentures offer the option to allow one to remove their teeth at their will, they can now be a more temporary solution. Bridges being more permanent as they are fixed false teeth made from porcelain and plastic, can also be a choice when it comes to a missing tooth.
This is where dental implants come in. Dental implants are replacement roots that can support one or more teeth. It is comprised of a titanium screw fixed into the patients’ bone of their jaw, allowing for the implant to be integrated with the bone, therefore being a permanent solution.
Benefits of Getting a dental implant
There’s more to dental implant procedure than improving an individual’s appearance; we have enlisted a few crucial advantages below.
- Offers comfort – Since implants are a permanent cure, they are better than dentures requiring regular fixing and removing. Implants provide the convenience of use to patients.
- Prevents the arrival of future oral health complications – The vacuum space can lead to severe and permanent damage to the entire mouth.
- Allows patients to eat easily – Implants get rightly fixed in your mouth, eliminating the chance for any gaps and misalignment. It thereby enables individuals to chew their food efficiently.
- Retains good oral health – The implant procedure doesn’t require dentists to adjust or modify adjacent teeth. It means that the surrounding healthy teeth remain safe and sound, keeping the dental state healthy.
- Looks aesthetically pleasing – Everyone dreads a missing tooth or a crooked one. A bad dental condition directly impacts an individual’s look and confidence. Dental implants provide a near-natural-looking and robust solution for missing teeth.
- Offers speech improvement – Missing teeth cause individuals to slur and mumble, affecting their speech. The situation is highly uncomfortable during meaningful or important conversations. Implants prevent individuals from getting into such cases.
- Provides a permanent solution – Dental implants last long, as they are usually made from titanium. This metal has higher tensile strength and is corrosion-free, which makes it more durable than porcelain and plastic.
Much advancement has been made in dentistry, with more and more state-of-the-art equipment and technology being developed and brought into practice as we speak. Talking about dental implants, in particular, they have remained in practice owing to their effectiveness and durability. Therefore it is safe to assume that this should be your priority when you or your loved one loses a tooth!
At Rivery Dental, we offer a range of specialized dental services like laser dentistry, fluoride treatments, bad breath treatment, sleep apnea, oral cancer screenings, and more to mitigate our patient’s dental issues painlessly. Our facility is decked with state-of-the-art equipment and an expert dental team. Contact to consult with the best dentist for bad teeth in Austin and Georgetown today!